Thank you to all who have donated to our charity, especially in these difficult financial times. Without you we would not be able to continue with our much needed and ever expanding work.
Below are just a few of the many who we would like to give a special mention:
- Thank you to all at Berkshire College of Agriculture who raised £133.27 during their lambing weekend. Ecology students set up a British wildlife themed kids activity table with animal masks to colour in, butterfly pegs to make, as well as collecting donations at various points across the campus.
- We would like to thank Hedgehog Champions Maz, Frankie and Sadie Phillips who held a hedgehog party and raised £250 – match funded with £250 from Clifford Chance. That’s £500 straight towards hedgehog conservation!
- Our harvest mouse autumn raffle brought in a whopping £10,121 with very generous prize donations including: a beautiful iron-resin dormouse sculpture from wildlife sculptor Neil R Mason ; gift vouchers from the Ethical Superstore, the UK’s leading Eco retailer, and Jojo Maman Bebe, designers and manufacturers of ethical maternity and baby wear; plus a luxury gift box from Lush, the handmade cosmetic company.
- This Christmas period we managed to raise a fantastic £11,309 from supporters shopping with us through our Christmas catalogue.
- We would also like to extend our thanks to a number of Trusts who have supported our work over the past year, these include: AS Butler Charitable Trust, Daisie Rich Trust, The Derek and Clare Stevens Trust, Diana Deyong Charitable Trust, Dolly Knowles Charitable Trust, Mary Lady Fuller Charitable Trust, Maud Beattie Murchie Fund, Mrs Jean S Innes Charitable Trust, Mrs K Maxwell-Stuart Charitable Trust, Neville Milner Charitable Trust, Rowan Bentall Charitable Trust, Sir Antony Clare Lees, The Extension Trust, The Maberly Trust, The Mullion Trust, The Pauline Bishop Charitable Foundation, The Portobello Fund, The Russell and Mary Foreman Charitable Trust, The Samuel Storey Family Trust, The Tisbury Telegraph Trust. Specific support for our orchard work in Wales has been received from Esmee Fairbairn Foundation and Countryside Council for Wales.
- We have also received £780,000 in legacies since the beginning of 2012 and this continues to be a very valuable income stream, allowing us to take on new projects, such as the three year hedgehog campaign made possible by a large legacy given to ourselves and the British Hedgehog Preservation Society.
- Finally, just a quick reminder: We would really appreciate it if you could use EasySearch as your search engine when browsing the web. Every time you search a small donation is made to PTES and whilst not a huge amount, the more people using it means it has a lot of potential, and it costs you nothing! Likewise by going via EasyFundraising when you shop online we receive a percentage of the cost of your purchase, again at no extra cost to you. So it really is money for nothing – in fact with their special offers it can even save you money! So far we have raised £729.79 from the 58 people who have signed up. If you have not set EasySearch as your home page yet or don’t do your online shopping through EasyFundraising then please click on the logos at the bottom left and get started. The more of you who search or shop this way the more funds we raise and it is absolutely free!